24 agosto, 2017
Easy Bread Pudding Recipe
A great bread pudding recipe (sometimes known as schoolboy), an easy recipe and dessert to take advantage of the crumb of the bread that we had left over from the previous day or that we accumulated a few days ago. Here this simple dessert, economic and homemade, which we can also accompany it with whipped cream or meringue.
Ingredients to cook Bread Pudding Recipe
Breadcrumbs: 400 grams
Milk: 1 liter
Essence of vanilla: a few drops to taste
Sugar: 250 grams (plus extra sugar for liquid caramel)
Eggs: 3 large (if not large, would take 4)
Optional to flavor
Lemon zest, raisins, quince bits.
Step by Step Preparation to cook Bread Pudding Recipe
1. Add liquid caramel (without water) to a pudding to caramel.
2. Mix bread crumbs with milk, sugar and lightly beaten eggs. Add the vanilla essence, and the optional ingredients.
3. Process in blender, must remain a thick consistency. If you do not have a blender you can cut it small, leave it for a while soaked in milk and make a smoothie by hand.
4. Add the preparation to the caramelized mold and cook in a bain-marie in a moderate oven until it becomes firm (it will start to take off from the pudding).
5. Remove, let rest a little time and remove it. It must be demolded before it is completely cooled and with care not to burn. The idea is not to stick too much to the mold.
Tips about the recipe Bread Pudding Recipe
Remember that for this pudding, only the bread is used without its bark, since it must be removed with a knife carefully. If we still want something easier or look for another alternative, another option, not so economical, is to use lactal bread.
In case the crumb is somewhat hard, it is best to let it moisten in warm milk for a while. This will soften better.
Bake in a bain-marie: For this add water in a pot (or pan, container etc. without plastic parts) halfway and place the mold on our preparation.
The cooking time is approximately 30 to 40 minutes depending on the oven operation.
To know if the bread pudding is ready, punch with a knife and observe that it does not contain sticky dough.